Papers in referred journals (Total): 32
* National: 21
Papers in conference proceedings (Total): 18
* National: 11
Books / Reports 5
1. Ramchandran R , Bapat J D , Ravendranathan M ; "Improved packing for Indian cement industry " , All India Seminar on Cement Manufacture, New Delhi , 1981 , Vol I , pp 623-40
2. Bapat J D ; "Engineering aspects of lime manufacture for building materials ", National Seminar on Building materials their Science and Technology , New Delhi , 1982 , II B 16
3. Bapat J D , Saxena J P,Chouhan H S , Sharma C K, Mullick A K , " Appropriate system design for bulk packaging of Cement in India " , Bulks solids handling Int.J., Vol 4, No.3,Sept 1984
4. Bapat J D , " NCB approach to bulk supply of cement ", First NCB International Seminar 1987 , Vol 2,V-95-110 .
5. Kulkarni S G , Bapat J D ; " Impact of quality in machinery manufacturing on the performance of cement plant" , Cement Industry Annual Review, Vol.x.1991,pp 91-94 .
6. Bapat J D ; " Air separation in finish grinding ", Indian cement Industry Desk Book 1993,Vol .3 Nov 1993 , pp-69-79 .
7. Bapat J D ,Visvesvaraya H C , Rao T R, Subba Rao D ; " Kinetics of calcination in cement raw meal nodules " , Zement Kalk Gips (Ger), Vol47,March 1994 , pp-156-60 .
8. Bapat J D , "Cement Manufacture - Challenges of Technology " , International Seminar on Cement , Iran University of Science and Technology , Tehran , August 1994.
9. Bapat J D, "Modern Cement Plant Technology - Review of technical papers presented at Cement Expo'96 seminar ", Indian Cement Review, Vol 10, No.10, June 1996, pp 17-21
10. Taparia K K , Bapat J D , " Marketing forces : Modern trends in cement marketing and supply in India " , International Cement Review , Nov 1996, pp 52-55.
11. Bapat J D., Taparia K.K., Singh B. " Split location-an avenue for optimization in modern cement plants", Fifth NCB International Seminar, National Council for Cement and Building Materials, New Delhi, 26-29 November 1996.
12. Bapat J D., Taparia K K., Singh B., " Split location-an avenue for optimisation in modern cement plants (revised)", Bulk Solids Handling Int.J, Vol 18, No2, April - June 1998
13. Bapat J.D., "Energy conservation and product quality obtained in modern comminution processes in cement industry ", CEMCON-2000 National Seminar on Cement and Concrete Technology for the Future, 16-17 January 1997, Pune ( India )
14. Bapat J.D., " Manufacturing blended cements for better performance", Zement- Kalk-Gips International, Vol 51, No 12, Dec 1998, pp 702-706
15. Jain A.K., Bapat J.D., " What a consumer should know about cement? " Process & Plant Engineering, April - June 1997, vol xv, No 1, pp 142-47
16. Pitre S.G., Bapat J.D., " Repairs with polymer modified concrete-experience with SBR ", CEMCON- 2000, National Seminar on Quality Concrete in Future Infrastructure, 16-17 Jan 1998, Pune( India )
17. Bapat J. D., " Application of ESP for gas cleaning in cement industry– with reference to India ", J. Hazardous Mat., Vol B81, No. 3, Feb. 2001, pp 285 - 308.
18. Bapat J. D. , " Performance of concrete with blended cement " Proc. Seminar on Eco-friendly Blended Cements for Economical and Durable Concrete in the New Millennium , pp 121-140 , Maharashtra India Chapter of ACI, Feb 18 & 19, 2000, Mumbai ( India )
19. Bapat J. D., “ Blended cements, durability and IS 456 – 2000 ”, Seminar on IS 456 – 2000, Institution of Engineers ( India ) , Pune , 12 January 2001
20 . Bapat J D , “ Durability considerations in IS 456 –2000 ” , Indian Cem. Rev. Vol. 15 , No. 9 , May 2001, pp 13-18
21 . Bapat J. D., “ Performance of cement concrete with mineral admixtures ”, J. Adv.Cem.Res. , Vol. 13, No. 4, October 2001, pp 139-155
22 . Bapat J. D., “ Chloride induced corrosion and carbonation in concrete structures with blended cements ” The Inst. Engrs. (India), Pune Local Centre Technical J., Vol. 33, Jan. 2001, pp 23-30
23. Bapat J.D., “ GGBS/PSC for concrete structures with corrosion resistance ”, The Masterbuilder, Vol. 4, No. 1, Feb.-Mar. 2002, pp 26-33
24. Bapat J. D., “ Portland slag cement / ggbs for durable structures under marine conditions ” Cement J., Vol. XXXV, No. 1, January 2002, pp 7-18
25. Bapat J. D., “ IS – 456 : 2000 and Further ” Indian Cement Industry Desk Book 2002, December 2002, pp 30-39
26 Bapat J.D., “ Cement concrete samanya grahakansathhi (marathi)” Sakal Marathi Daily, Pune, 7 April 2003
27 Bapat J.D., Tare V.B., “ Fuel cells with solid oxide electrolytes for power generation”, National Seminar on Fuel Cell – Materials, Systems & Accessories, September 25-26, 2003, Naval Materials Research Laboratory, Ambernath
28 Bagal M.V., Bapat J.D., “Fouling in ion-exchange resins during deionization of sugarcane juice”, Int. J. Chem. Sci., Vol.2(2), 2004, pp 241-250
29 Bapat J. D., “ Sustainable development of chemical and allied industry ”, Theme Paper, National Seminar on Sustainable Development in Chemical and Allied Industry, IE(I), Pune, 4-5 Sep 2004, pp 1-9
30 Bapat J. D., Desai S. K., “ Applications of fuel cells ”, National Seminar on Sustainable Development in Chemical and Allied Industry, IE(I), Pune, 4-5 Sep 2004, pp 57-72
31 Bapat J. D., Sabnis S.S., “High volue fly ash concrete for sustainable development of construction industry”, Indian Cement Industry Desk Book 2004, Commercial Publications, Mumbai, December 2004, Vol. 13, pp 8-17
32 Joshi M.M., Kulkarni K.S., Bapat J.D., Joshi A.R., Naik R.V., “Application of residue curve mapping to epichlorohydrin-based quaternary system”, Chemical Engineering World, Feb. 2005, pp 49-55
33 Bapat J.D., “ Using construction chemicals effectively ”, Indian Concrete Institute (Pune Pentre) News Letter, Vol. 1, No. 6, July 2005, pp 2-3
34 Bapat J. D., “ Fresh water and lime saturated water curing during cement testing—effect on cement strength and concrete mix design ” Proc. 9th NCB International Seminar on Cement and Building Materials, Vol. 3, pp VIII 551-58, 8-11 November 2005, New Delhi,
35 Bapat J.D., Sabnis S.S., Hazaree C.V., Deshchaugule A.D., “ Eco-friendly concrete with high volume of lagoon ash” ASCE J. Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 3, 2006, pp 453-61
36 Hazaree C., Bapat J.D., “Pozzolanic effect, elastic modulus and abrasion resistance: from classified fly ash to lagoon ash”, 2007 Transportation Research Board 86th Annual Meeting, January 21-25, 2007, Washington DC, USA
37 Bapat J.D., Sabnis S.S., Bhat R.N., “ Utilisation of GGBS in concrete – a practising engineers’ view point”, Indian Cement Review, Vol. 21, No. 2, September 2006, pp 29-34
38 Bapat J.D., “FA, GGBS and RHA: materials aspects and concrete durability”, Cement Expo 2006 International Seminar, 1-3 November 2006, Mumbai, India
39 Bapat J.D., Sabnis S.S., Joshi S.V., Hazaree C.V., “History of cement and concrete in India – a paradigm shift”, American Concrete Institute (ACI) Technical Session on History of Concrete, April 22-26, 2007, Atlanta, USA
40 Hazaree C., Bapat J.D., “Pozzolanic effect, elastic modulus and abrasion resistance: from classified fly ash to lagoon ash”, 6th International Conference on Road and Airfield Pavement Technology (ICPT), Sapporo, Japan, 20-23 July 2008
41 Bapat J.D., “Need for research oriented studies (Marathi), Daily Sakal Newspaper (Marathi), Pune, 23 April 2008
42 Thorat V.M., Bapat J .D., “High performance concrete (HPC) in bridge construction”, Construction Technology Emerging Trends and Challenges in the 21st Century, 6-7 February 2009, 2009
43. Bapat J. D., “Petcoke as Fuel for Cement Production: Benefits and Challenges”, CBI India & South Asia Conference, October 9-10, 2013, Mumbai
44. Bapat J. D., "Cement Industry - Moving towards sustainable Growth", Indian Cement Review, Vol. 28, No 4, November 2013, pp 61-63
45. Bapat J. D., "Conserving limestone", Indian Cement Review, Vol. 28, No 6, January 2014, p 50
46. Bapat J. D. “New Blended Cements”, Indian Cement Review Conference 2014, Theme: Sustainability in Indian Cement Industry, 6 June 2014, Mumbai
47. Bapat J. D., “Role of Mineral Admixtures in Minimising Micro-Cracks”, Indian Cement Review Annual 2014
48. Bapat J. D., “Low-Carbon Technologies for Cement Production”, Indian Cement Review, Vol. 29, No. 9, April 2015, pp 39-49
49. Bapat J. D., “Bridging the Knowledge Gap”, Interview Feature, Indian Cement Review, Vol. 29, No. 12, July 2015, pp 44-50
50. Bapat J. D., “Advanced Fuel Burning Technologies in Cement Production” Indian Cement Review, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp 44-46
Books / Reports :
1. Jayant D. Bapat, “Mineral Admixtures in Cement and Concrete”, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Aug 2012, USA:
· Shows how to design workable and durable concrete using mineral admixtures
· Examines innovative and lesser-known admixtures such as biomass ash and rice husk ash
· Provides an understanding of concrete durability and how to mitigate deterioration
· Explains the effect of mineral admixtures on the development of strength-giving chemical phases
· Discusses materials, chemical, and hydration aspects that are relevant for civil engineers, without going into complex aspects of chemistry
· Addresses toxicity and occupational health aspects where relevant
Written to meet the requirements of engineers working in construction and concrete manufacturing, Mineral Admixtures in Cement and Concrete focuses on how to make more workable and durable concrete using mineral admixtures. In particular, it covers pulverized fuel ash (PFA), blast furnace slag (BFS), silica fume (SF), rice husk ash (RHA), and metakaolin (MK), as well as some new admixtures currently under investigation.
For each mineral admixture, the book looks at manufacturing and processing, physical characteristics, chemical and mineralogical composition, quality control, and reported experiences. It also examines the provisions of national standards on the admixture’s addition to cement and concrete. References to microstructures and chemistry are kept to a minimum and only discussed to the extent necessary to help readers apply the admixtures in practice.
The book also addresses hydration, presenting the relevant chemistry and detailing the impact of adding mineral admixtures to concrete. A chapter on strength and durability explains the mechanisms, models, and standards related to concrete deterioration and how to mitigate carbonation, alkali-aggregate reactions, chloride attack and corrosion of reinforcement, external and internal sulphate attack, decalcification, and freeze-thaw action.
This book is a useful reference for practicing engineers and students alike. It brings together, in one volume, information on the materials, hydration, and the strength and durability of cement and concrete with mineral admixtures. Offering a deeper understanding of mineral admixtures, it encourages engineers to more effectively use these and other wastes in cement and concrete to support more sustainable growth of the cement and construction industry.
2. Infrastructural needs of cement industry in Bihar, NCB Report, Jan 1988
3. Feasibility studies on bulk distribution schemes for cement from Wadi to Bombay ( joint NCB – RITES study ), NCB Report, CCP – SP – 388, May 1987
4. Bapat J D; et.al.; "Energy conservation through optimization of ball grinding mill operation ", NCB Research Bulletin, RB-35-86
5. Development of bulk packaging systems for cement using road transportation – a feasibility study, NCB Publication, RB-34-86, Oct 1986
Consult Dr Bapat